Sunday, 9 June 2013

Iram and Yvonne

Today we were given the opportunity to speak with two representatives from the Turnaround Centre, they were there to inform us of the work they do and the type of youths they deal with.

I was happy to hear we would first be spoken to by the two workers there before being introduced to our team mates for the project we were about to embark upon as I felt it would mean I had more time to prepare for whatever it would be that we as an ensemble would be challenged with.

The talk was very comforting and I think it relaxed a lot of us, even if we weren’t nervous in the beginning it just allowed us to really enter the situation without premeditated opinions. The talk taught us of the three main stages of their referrals, they explained why some of them may be in there and that to begin with they may have a negative attitude towards the project and the activities that we would begin with.

I had many questions to ask when they were there but I felt they were things I would eventually find out once I had gained the trust of them.

1.    What type of troubles have they encountered?
2.    What is there opinion of the BRIT School and the students?
3.    How do they feel about performing arts?
4.    Are they negative people?
5.    What do they know of the BRIT School?
6.    Do they think that the stereotypes of BRIT are true?

These were some of the question I was eager to ask but I thought if my skills such as communication and interaction work, I would be able to find out all of this information on my own, so I set that goal for myself to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment